Whether you like it or not, having acne is something that you will definitely experience at least once in your life. This is a common skin condition that you most probably have had experienced especially in your teenage years.
Some people are lucky enough that they are gifted with good skin to almost not experience having acne, but generally, it is a condition mostly caused by your hormones.
This is the main reason why it easy to feel that you have zero control when it comes to your breakouts, when in truth, 50% of it depends in your hygiene, diet, and routine.
If you have a good understanding of your skin, then it will be easier for you to know whether or not the products that I am about to recommend are good enough for your need or not. Hopefully it gives you a fresher idea when it comes to treating your breakout problems – these are 5 of the best face wash for acne prone skin!
- 1 Best Face Wash For Acne Considerations
- 2 Acne Prevention 101
- 3 6 Of The Best Acne Face Wash To Consider
- 4 Skin Care Tips
- 5 What’s The Best Face Wash For Acne?
Best Face Wash For Acne Considerations
At first, you will think that choosing and buying a facial wash is as easy as ABC – you can’t be further from the truth. There are quite a number of things that you should consider to find the best facial wash for acne.
The main thing you should know is the skin type you have. Most of the time, the problem comes from using the wrong product simply because it is not compatible with your skin. Other things to consider for safety as well are the following:
- Ingredients. Make sure that the facial wash you are considering is composed of gentle ingredients as they can potentially cause irritation in your face’s skin. You also have to make sure that it does not have any ingredient that can feel refreshing and smell good, but can also take away your skin’s natural moisture.
- Exfoliation. Most of the time, your dry cells and skin are unnaturally removed in a way that can give your pores space to breathe. This is why cleansers are made with exfoliating ingredients to help skin and facial pores freshen up and even remove dead skin.
- Advertisement Terms. Yes, it may seem like a selling statement but terms such as “oil- free” and “non- comedogenic” are some of the things you have to look for in your facial product. These are the non-pore clogging signs that a facial wash has.
Acne Prevention 101
Yes, I know we said that acne is a common skin condition that one goes through at least one stage in their life, but that does not mean they cannot prevent it. As previously said, you can control your breakouts, meaning you can either prevent or lessen the effects of your condition.
- There may be a whole section of facial wash you can choose from at the supermarket, but you have to focus on finding the ones made specifically for acne. Usually, these facial washes are equipped with salicylic acid or benzoyl peroxide, that helps in cleansing and killing bacteria.
- Make sure to wash your face gently. Your skin and acne can get traumatized or damaged when you aggressively do you face washing, and that may lead to further breakouts. Plus, get personal! It is your face, use your hands to easily control the pressure applied.
- After washing, gently dry your face with a clean towel. If you plan to apply a moisturizer, just do it lightly to avoid scraping and aggravating your acne.
- Lastly, try to make it a habit to wash your face at least twice a day, 10 to 12 hours apart. Take note that excess washing may lead to further skin irritation and dryness.
6 Of The Best Acne Face Wash To Consider
Exposed Skin Care Facial Cleanser
This facial cleanser by Exposed Skin Care is proven to be both gentle and effective when it comes to treating acne. It is equipped with acne-fighting ingredients like their special formulation of the alpha and beta hydroxy acids.
Exposed Skin Care facial cleanser also has olive leaf extracts that help in effectively removing both oil and dirt after a day’s work. To continue the process, it does not stop in simply removing dirt and oil but also goes deeper into your pores to kill acne-causing bacteria.
Burt’s Bees Natural Acne Solutions Purifying Gel Cleanser
This Purifying Gel Cleanser by Burt’s Bees has a very soothing and light smell, and can effectively clean your skin and pores gently. After usage, it will definitely leave you skin smooth and moisturized.
Although this product does not entirely promise an acne-free skin, it will surely help when it comes to the reduction and further prevention, allowing you to have more control over your skin.
Clinique Acne Solution Cleansing Foam
Clinique has been long known in the beauty and cosmetics industry, and had been a trusted brand for anything maintenance. With that said, their Acne Solution Cleansing Foam is no different from any other products they had produced – this is one of the best face wash for acne prone skin.
It is mainly designed to be an anti- blemish solution that is compatible for all skin types with its mild and foamy formulation, it fights bacteria gently to prevent further breakout and irritation.
Clean & Clear Continuous Control Acne Cleanser
A brand known for their over- the- counter products that actively fights off acne, the Clean & Clear Continuous Control Acne Cleanser has a thick consistency that when mixed with the right amount of water can give that smooth and creamy lather.
It is mainly designed for the use of acne- prone people, by this, I mean the teenagers and young adults. Although it does not produce so much bubbly lather, it does not affect the effectiveness of the cleanser.
Boscia Clear Complexion Cleanser
The Clear Complexion Cleanser by Boscia is made with a mix of natural ingredients such as the willow black, rosemary, and geranium which can effectively help fight active and potential breakouts.
It is a deep- cleansing gel that is capable of giving you a refreshing feeling after use. This cleanser is also designed to help you purify your pores and bolster the skin’s natural defuses for possible irritations and reactions.
Neutrogena Oil-Free Acne Wash
Neutrogena is one of the longest and known brands who had been trusted when it comes to fighting and controlling breakouts. This Oil- free acne wash had been their staple product which had been commonly used by people with acne problems as it had been around maybe the longest.
This cleanser is equipped with salicylic acid, oil- free ad non- comedogenic ingredients to gently yet effectively fight off existing acne and to prevent any potential breakouts.
Neutrogena designed this acne facial wash to give its user a soothing and clean feeling in their skin without necessarily getting heavy through its ingredients.
Skin Care Tips
Before committing or deciding on the best face wash for acne, always remember the following to avoid further breakouts, and give you the skin presentation you have had always wanted and deserved:
- Before all else, the first step to getting the best product for your skin is by knowing your skin type. This way, you will know what is good and what is not for your skin. By knowing, you are saving yourself from testing many products that can give you irritations and inflammations.
- It is not bad to invest on your skin. You can schedule a monthly visit to your dermatologist, just to see if there are any changes on your skin. For example, maybe with the routine you have done, oiliness have lessen and as a result you can change some products you use.
- To avoid disappointments and wrongfully giving a product a negative review or thumbs down, always check its ingredients or know whether or not it is compatible with your needs. Remember that not all skin care products are able to address all skin types.
Aside from your skin type, acne breakouts can also appear even if you are naturally not prone to it when there is a sudden change in your hormones, or diet and lifestyle. Keeping your eating habit healthy and nutritious can help in preventing your body to feed the bacteria causing acne.
If you are a teenager and it is your first time to ever experience having a breakout, do not panic! By doing anything drastic just because of a small breakout can make you apply things that are potentially dangerous for your skin. Knowing the frequency of your breakouts is a good sign to consider for you to know what action to take. Just be patient.
What’s The Best Face Wash For Acne?
Our skin and face are the first things that are usually noticed by people we encounter, and we want nothing but to be at our best and top form. For those who had been facing the challenge of having frequent acne situations, choosing the right acne facial wash can be dreadful.
I am sure that you have tried a number of facial washes to aggressively help you fight and control your breakouts, what I have stated above are just six of the best ones you can purchase in the market now. When compared to other brands and products, those six are the most used, and recommended with least negative effects on your skin.
Lastly, if you ever take into consideration any of my recommended products, just double check with your dermatologist to know whether or not it is safe for you to apply it in your skin, and know the possible effects it may cause. Hopefully it helps you have a better control of your acne situation!