Oily or greasy skin is probably the most common struggle of anyone, especially on their faces. With one’s face the first thing that everyone looks at and notices, you will want nothing but for it to be on its best possible presentation.
There is a reason why having an oily skin is a situation that you have to address, as it can potentially lead and cause acne and pimples. So if you have an oily skin, you now know what could have possibly caused a frequent acne and pimples appearance.
It is safe to say that maintaining, or even controlling further facial skin situations, you have to address and have a solid skin care routine as well.
This article will help you understand oily skin, learn the do’s and don’ts when you wash your face, and also find the best face wash for oily skin.
- 1 What Makes The Best Face Wash for Oily Skin?
- 2 5 Best Face Wash For Oily Skin
- 3 Dealing With Oily Skin: Do’s and Don’ts
- 4 What’s The Best Face Wash For Oily Skin?
What Makes The Best Face Wash for Oily Skin?
Let’s face it, having an oily skin can be a bit of a high- maintenance as it tends to require more attention and a specific skin care product to be used for prevention and controlling.
You know what I mean, the oil- blotting sheets and face powder compact that could not be missing in your purses on a daily basis, as it is your best friend that helps you keep a fresh looking face.
Although, aside from your day- maintenance, of course, your indoor skin care product will factor out on how you may control your oiliness during the day. I am talking about your facial wash. You will want to make sure that you are using the right wash as this can help in lessening the oil, here are some tips on knowing whether or not your product is off the standards.
- The first thing you should look for in your face wash is the sign that says that it is oil- free, yes, that may be a quick giveaway and indication that you should consider it
- Next up, you would want your face wash to be deep cleansing or foaming which will gently clean away the dirt and oil in your pores without harming your skin
- Also, considering a soap- free wash is much advisable to be used for oily skin as soap can result to dryness of your skin. Soap has a tendency of removing the natural oil of your skin, what you want is to control the oil not totally eliminate.
5 Best Face Wash For Oily Skin
Boscia Detoxifying Black Cleanser
Boscia is a known Japanese company to have been producing products wthout any preservatives, and is able to include in treatments for wrinkles, acne, uneven skin tone, and even hyperpigmentation.
This Detoxifying Black Cleanser by Boscia is something you would want to have in your skin care routine, especially to help you minimize the oiliness of your face. It is designed to effectively remove dead skin cells, make up residues, and the excess oil that show up on the surface of your skin.
Neutrogena Oil Free Acne Wash
With Neutrogena being one of the leading skin care brand, and it is backed up with years of experience and presence, they have had gained the market’s trust.
The Oil Free Acne Wash was designed to help you in cleansing and preventing further breakouts by unclogging your pores of the dirt and excess oil. It is also equipped with Micro Clear technology which will help in spreading of salicylic acid and clear up any active and even potential acne or blackheads.
Beauty by Earth Facial Cleanser
With its name, it instantly gives off the idea that it is most certainly is made out from a variety of natural ingredients such as sea kelp and super fruit.
This facial cleanser is designed to effectively cleanse and nourish your skin with its vitamins and antioxidant ingredients to give you a healthier skin. It is made to be compatible for almost any skin types, particularly on combination and oily skin.
Amara Organics Facial Cleanser
After your daily facial cleansing, you may feel a little bit of tightness or even a bit of dryness, but this facial cleanser by Amara Organics will leave your skin a well- balanced moisture every after use to avoid that feeling.
It is designed to have a non- irritating formula which makes it compatible with any skin types, as to clean and rejuvenate without necessarily stripping away some of your skin that may cause the dryness
Poppy Austin Vitamin C Facial Cleanser
A London- based skin care company, Poppy Austin aims to produce products which will help consumers understand the concept of a healthy and clean composition for their cleanser.
The brand primarily aims to effectively repair your damaged skin and aswell as too maintain its youthful glow. Although, the brand is transparent when it comes to their ingredients, and aims to give a well- balance between organic and natural ingredients.
Its Vitamin C Facial Cleanser is made completely with organic and natural plant- based ingredients. It does not have any artificial fragrances, and is rich with skin loving antioxidants to compliment your ant- aging regime.
Dealing With Oily Skin: Do’s and Don’ts
When you have an oily skin, it can get a bit stressful to handle especially if you do not necessarily know how or what to do to have a control over it.
For one, you can take a trip to your dermatologist and ask for some advice regarding oily skin management and the products you can use effectively.
Facial Cleansing Do’s for an Oily Skin
Here are some of the things you should keep in mind if and when you are dealing with an oil face, take note that these are general and basic information to keep in mind and you may still have to consult with a professional for some extra measures.
- Use a facial wash that contains salicylic acid, as this will be the dirt- cleansing ingredient that will go deeply into your pores to fight of bacteria and remove any dirt and excess oil left on your pores
- It is best to pair your facial wash with a lukewarm water as it is an effective factor in cleaning off the oil residue and easily removes the dirt on your face
- Wash your face twice a day, and it is recommended that you use an oil blotting paper to maintain freshness throughout the day, especially with women who wears make- up on a daily basis
- Use an astringent or retinoid at night. Adding this to your skin care routine may help in preventing further appearances of blackheads, and helps in closing your pores. As well as helping in reduction of the sebum produced by your skin.
- Diet. Your diet plan and routine is one of the factors contributing to your lifestyle, and skin health. If you have a poor diet, it is a given that it shows in your daily work and eventually on your skin. So make sure to consume more food that are rich in vitamin A, such as carrots, leafy salads, and mangoes to name a few.
- Water. A healthy skin is a well- hydrated one, so make sure that you try your best to consume the recommended eight to ten glasses a day. Or how much it is that your body can handle ad actually needs.
- Wet tissues and toners are also an advisable thing to use, especially when you feel a bit oily during the day. This is best used on your forehead and nose areas.
- Face Packs. Use these face pack only if you do not have any acne as some ingredients may aggravate your skin more. There are two natural ingredients you may consider and make your personalized face packs:
- Apples, you can cut it into small sizes and rub it on your face to make the skin less oily and more radiant.
- Another is Almond & Honey, have some ground almond and mix it to honey, directly apply it on your face and do not rub. Leave it for a good 10 to 15 minutes before washing to have that clear and smooth skin.
Facial Cleansing Don’ts for an Oily Skin
In order for you to fully get a control and be able to strongly manage your face’s oiliness, you should have a good discipline especially on the things you should not do, or foods not to take. Here are some of the DON’TS to keep in mind:
- Avoid over washing. The suggested amount of face wash time is to scrub and exfoliate at least two to three times a week, and cleanse two times a day. Exceeding these amount may lead to your skin to dry up, and possibly even trigger oil production because your skin is threaten of not having produce enough.
- Creamy and Milk cleansers are not your skin’s friend, not for your oily skin at least. Yes, they may be a good body soap ad scrub, but using it on your oily face may make you feel more oilier because of the unnecessary lipids it adds up.
- Moisturizing is a No-No. Yep, you read that right, skipping the moisturizer can be a good help for your oily skin. So do not look for that oil- free moisturizer anymore, instead go invest on a serum or gel with an anti- aging ingredient.
- Say goodbye to your SPF lotions and creams. These products are made off oils and can result to adding up oil into your face, as the SPF factor requires a lot of application before it works.
- Do not forget to clean your make- up. This is one of the basics for women, as forgetting to do so may lead to blockage of your pores and may result to ruining your skin after some time as it may lead to too much oil secretion.
- Do not ever forget your sunscreens. Look for that oil- free sunscreen as to avoid getting a tan and having a greasy face while out under the sun.
What’s The Best Face Wash For Oily Skin?
In order for you to keep your oily face at a minimum, you have to take into consideration the things around you and your routine. These are a key factor to help you control your skin’s situation and address how to manage them.
A regular visit to your dermatologist is also a good way to keep things at a minimum and under control. Never ever forget the basic face cleaning techniques, like the strokes and things to use as to lessen oil production and possibly regularize it.